Sunday, September 21, 2008

Whoa. Chris Cornell does Jimmy Gnecco??

One of my favorite pop songs from recent history is a tune called "Someone to Die For," which was originally released (I think) on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack, sung by a man named Jimmy Gnecco. Gnecco is a fantastic singer, but this is the only song I've ever heard him sing.

Recently, I discovered something EVEN BETTER: a demo version of this song, sung not by Jimmy but by one of my all-time favorite musicians, the incredible Chris Cornell.

Check out what he does with this unbelieveable tune:



(FYI - only the audio is "Someone to Die For." The video seen here is for the song "Preaching the End of the World.")

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jimmy Gnecco is the singer for the band "Ours" they have 3 records out and you can find more info here
http://www.ours.net/