Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oktoberfest

So last Sunday Jason, Sydney and I decided to drive a few miles up the canyon to Snowbird resort for the annual Oktoberfest! It was a nice cool day and when we got there the music was blaring, people walking around with beer in both hands laughing and smiling. It was beautiful up there, it has been a while since we'd been up the canyon. We walked Sydney around the booths and let her bounce in the inflatable bouncy thing and the big inflatable slide. Then we had some lunch in the big tent where there was a band playing silly songs, yodelers, a yo-yo champion, really old people dressed in German outfits dancing and we ate some weird chicken/apple sausage thing. We got Sydney a potato pancake which was basically hashbrowns and eggs shaped into a pancake....I ate that too, she didn't like it. She wanted to get her face painted so we took her to the booth and said just her cheek, thinking she wouldn't like it as soon as the artist started. But, she loved her butterfly and wanted the other check done as well, so she got a flower on the other side. We walked her over to watch people going down the alpine slide and zip line. She wasn't interested in the zip line, said it was too scary for little kids, but we kinda talked her into riding the alpine slide with Jason, showing her all the little kids riding and smiling with their daddies. She got excited to do it. We bought the ticket and then she and Jason had to ride the chair lift to the top of the slide. I watched them get on, noticing her apprehension, but as soon as they sat down she started to smile! She yelled down to me "Hi Mom!! This is fun!" It was so cute, smiling all the way up. I watched for them at the top and finally it was their turn! I watched them come around the bend and the smile on this girl's face was the biggest I have ever seen! Jason said that she was saying "weeeeee" and whooping all the way down! She smiled and me and yelled and as soon as she got off she ran up to me yelling "I did it and it was so so fun!" We spent 4 hours there and it didn't even seem like it! What fun! Of course, dumb me, I didn't bring my camera, so we decided to check out the pictures they take of you coming down the slide. I said that if it was decent and it didn't cost a ton, I'd buy one....so I did! It's framed on a shelf in Sydney's room, and since I just put her down to sleep I can't go get it to scan it in, but I'll try later. Just wanted to tell you all how stinky cute she was!

--shari

1 comment:

The Longs said...

Shari, that sounds SO fun! And yay for Sydney, that's totally cute. :) I definitely want to see the photo when I come up there...
-Steph