Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ugh and double UGH!

I am so completely and utterly stressed! I realize that this is my "usual" stressful time at work, but it seems like I've had a few more bumps and wrenches than usual along the way. My deadline is quickly approaching, the one I set for myself so that I knew I wouldn't miss the real one has come and gone due to circumstances beyond my control, yet somehow "must" be my fault. I feel that one way to vent this "frustration" and "utter hopelessness" feeling is to use as many words in quotes as possible. I could go on and on about all that I have to do and all that is going wrong, in fact, while in the shower this evening I had even planned out what I was going to say....but, I've decided to focus on the positives going on right now to try to "over-power" those horendous things I have to face. So, here are a few things that are happy for me right now. 1) I love my new hair cut! I thought, what better time to get it done than now, I'm not biking, so I don't need my signature ponies/braids hanging out of my helmet; I'm hiring a new person at work so it's fun to make a first impression with a funky new hairstyle! It would look SO AWSOME with the purple streaks that I've always wanted, but I haven't yet done that, don't know if I will yet. 2) My back acne from being pregnant is all but cleared up! You really don't know how happy this makes me! 3) Sydney is all signed up to start her new school the end of August. This is also a negative for me (she won't be commuting with me like she has been for the past 3 years and won't be close to me during the day :( )so I won't expand much on this or I'll start crying again (I'm really weepy now-a-days...pregnancy...okay okay, it's just enhanced due to pregnancy, I know I'm weepy anyway), but let me just say that it's going to be really great for her. 4) Single digits in the count-down to Trogor's debut. 9 more weeks to go. I'm getting excited to meet this little munchkin! I'm scared to death about having a boy, though, I know absoluting nothing about them. Yes, even having a brother, father, married to a boy, I still know nothing! But I'm sure that I will learn along the way, as I have and continue to do with my girl!
Well, I guess I'll go to bed now. I'm going to get up early again to go into work early. Steph, after reading your last post and watching the video, I'm so totally pumped for the Sea Otter Classic! See you in April!
--shari--the stressed and waddling
p.s. wish I had a picture to post with this!

1 comment:

The Longs said...

Shari, you rule! :) :)

-Steph