Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!

This was our first year coloring eggs and having the Easter Bunny come and hunting for eggs! It was so much fun, Sydney had a blast and was so excited! Since this was our first time, it was a little difficult meshing two different ideas and sets of traditions together but I think it worked out okay. Here are bunch of pictures:

Coloring:
Ooooo! Look at this one!


Eggs:


A sligh smile? What did he put in that egg coloring?


Smile with the eggs!


Look-alikes!

The finished product!


Easter Morning:


One of the best pictures ever!
Gramma and Grampa came over to help hunt for eggs. Here are pictures of the day!





My future biking buddy? Peyton loved being on Sydney's trike! I had to pull him off!

We had a really fun Easter, I wish it would have been a little bit warmer, or at least no wind. But it was great and the kids had a blast!

4 comments:

bdrain said...

So cute!! I remember when your family came to our house for Easter. Your parents didn't want any of you to color more than 3 or 4 eggs each. I'm glad your aren't carrying on that tradition. Sydney got the same bubbles Preston did!

RP Long said...

Haha, I really like the egalitarian nature of our old Easter egg tradition. You know, from each according to his ability, to each according to how many eggs there are in a carton... For us, it actually worked in the reverse of a Malthusian system. To wit, the population kept shrinking (and moving off to college), therefore as time went on there were more eggs for me to color. Mine! ALL MINE!!! MOO HOO HA HA HA HAAAAAAaaa....

I saw a stage set up in the mall here in Ottawa where kids could line up and "meet the Easter Bunny" like they do for Santa Claus. What the heck? When did that start?

The Longs said...

Yeah, I told Jason that we only got two eggs each to color and he thought that was a bit sad, but I don't really like his tradition of waking up like christmas morning and finding a basket full of toys and stuff. I feel like it's just a bit too much "stuff". So I guess we're even. I guess they got up and saw their presents and then hunted for eggs. He asked me how we did it and I said that I thought I remembered later that morning we heard the doorbell and there were our baskets or something and we knew the bunny had come since he rang the doorbell and then we found the eggs. The candy filled eggs were our "presents" from the easter bunny.

The Longs said...

I remember (and mind you, I have a terrible memory) that we got up as normal, had to get into *gag* tights!! and Easter dresses (can you tell I hated dressing up? I was such a tomboy...) and then Dad hid the eggs. I mean the Easter Bunny hid them. But we knew it was Dad. I don't think even a magical bunny could have hid them as well -- they were tailor-hidden to each kid, color-coded and everything! I especially liked the precarious perches in the various trees. I'm still amazed nobody ever stepped on any of the cats. ;)

-Steph