Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ryabetes and Other Stories


Part One: Ryabetes

I have gained about 10 lbs since my diagnosis (now at 143 lbs.), which most of you already knew since I've been there for a while. Even more significant is the fact that I bought a new pair of jeans yesterday and ended up getting a pair with a 30-inch waist. So in a month's time, I've gained no weight, but have returned to a more normal frame/stature. On top of that, I'm up to running 5 miles a day, so this is not "two inches of fat" but rather "two inches of health." I feel better every day, and if I keep up with my exercise diligently, I find it really easy to keep my blood sugar under control. So yippee.

Part Two: Other Stories

In other news, as per the following picture, I am still engaged to the world's most beautiful woman.

Finally, as amazing as it might be, I think I have uncovered a latent ability to draw. (Apparently autoimmune diabetes in adults isn't the only latent thing in my life.) Now, understand that prior to a few weeks ago, I couldn't draw at all. So as you see my work, cut me a little slack. It's not excellent, but it's not half bad for a guy whose handwriting is cartoonishly awful and who has always been ashamed of his inability to even keep his crayons inside the lines. See as follows.

3 comments:

bdrain said...

Didn't know you had been sick. Sorry to hear that and hope you have things under control.

The Longs said...

Irina looks stunning! I love the boots! :) Yay to health!
--shari

StephCreative said...

Woop!