Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gettin' Outta Dodge...

Crater Lake trip.

It rocked.

We camped, we hiked, we went to two ranger lectures, went on a boat tour, did an impromptu circumnavigation of Diamond Lake (in sandals!), and tried desperately to avoid the local rats:

They seemed hell-bent on giving me bubonic plague.

I also stopped at the Veteran's Memorial Living Sculpture Garden in Butte Valley, CA, on my way back to Marin. Pretty cool. Well, the Sculpture Garden was cool... the drive back was hot — over 100 degrees most of the way.

3 comments:

The Longs said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I so wish I could have been there with you!
--shari

bdrain said...

Crater lake looks beautiful. I've always wanted to go there. And your hot drive home was nothing - only 100. Garth and I were in Vegas last weekend and it felt cool at 107, isn't that sad.

The Longs said...

You don't even know how much I miss the heat. I have my space heater on, along with long pants and a jacket. But on a positive note, I've amassed a fabulous collection of really great scarves!